The Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation (TDEC) is requesting feedback for recently released Request for Information (RFI). The RFI is for the Light Duty Zero Emission Vehicle Supply Equipment category under the Volkswagen Diesel Settlement Environmental Mitigation Trust (VW Settlement EMT).
“Your feedback is valuable and can make a significant impact on the design of the VW EVSE funding opportunity, so we’re asking that you review, complete and submit TDEC’s RFI no later than the December 6, 2019, 4 pm CT deadline,” said Jonathan Overly, Executive Director of East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition. “There’s a lot of work ahead of us, but collectively, we can ensure that all considerations are met, before the official solicitation for funding is released, by TDEC, sometime in 2020,” said Overly.
“The requested RFI feedback, in combination with the results from the completed Statewide Electric (EV) Charging Infrastructure Needs Assessment will inform the next steps of the solicitation process,” said Ryan Stanton, TDEC Senior Consultant – Strategic Energy Initiatives. “We ask that when compiling RFI feedback, please review this Needs Assessment, which will be published on TDEC’s Drive Electric Tennessee webpage on November 8th, 2019,” concluded Stanton.
Points to remember:
- Responses to the RFI should be transmitted electronically to [email protected]in PDF format and must be received by 4:00 pm CT on December 6, 2019.
- Respondents need not answer every question in the RFI. Please answer any questions that you feel you can relevantly address.
- This RFI is not a solicitation for projects. Information obtained from this RFI will be used solely for planning purposes. Submitting a response to this RFI is voluntary and is not a prerequisite for responding to any future solicitations issued by TDEC with regard to the State’s allocation under the VW Settlement EMT.
- TDEC will conduct a comprehensive review and evaluation of all responses.
- TDEC will continue to release solicitations for funding under the VW Settlement EMT in the coming months.
- Interested persons are advised to sign up for the TDEC VW Settlement email list at https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1843437/1737620/to be kept apprised of all future and related announcements.
- For additional information on the VW Settlement, visit TDEC at http://www.tn.gov/environment/VWSettlement.
- Click hereto learn more about TDEC’s project solicitations under the VW Settlement EMT.
Tennessee Clean Fuel’s (TCF) mission is to connect fleets with the information and relationships needed to switch to alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies such as electric vehicles and idle reduction technology. Our vision is to reduce emissions and save money across Tennessee.
Tennessee Clean Fuels (TCF) is the home of the East and Middle-West Tennessee Clean Fuel Coalitions. We serve as fleet guides to navigate alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies in the 21st century through data-driven fleet analysis and Return of Investment (ROI) processes. Our years of experience and commitment will help guide and build lasting partnerships for your business. Both coalitions that make up TNCleanFuels are nonprofits, and designated participants in U.S. DOE’s Clean Cities Program. For more information, visit http://www.tncleanfuels.org/